NetRegs aims to provide a website that is usable and accessible to all. Our objective is to conform to guidelines and standards for UK Government websites, which support the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 at Level AA. These guidelines ensure that we achieve and maintain an appropriate accessibility standard and that our website is inclusive.
This accessibility statement covers all NetRegs content
We know some parts of the NetRegs website are not yet fully accessible including: Toolbars, Audio, video & older PDF documents.
Feedback and contact information
If you have any problems accessing information on NetRegs then please contact us with the details of information you require and we will try to provide the information in a different format. We aim to reply as promptly as possible.
Contact Us by E-mail:
In Scotland: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Northern Ireland: email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
NetRegs is currently partially compliant and meets most of the WCAG 2.1 AA standards.
- NetRegs content is written in Plain English, and aims to avoid legal or technical language.
- Some area of the website have been identified as being non-compliant – see Accessibility Report summary at the end of this page.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Accessibility issues identified by the audit include:
- Contrast Ratios on links, breadcrumb, search button & Image links
- Alerts on redundant links, skipped headings & redundant title text
- Missing Alt text issues.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Exempt from accessibility regulations and therefore not accessible on this website are:
- PDF documents published before September 2018
- Audio and video published before September 2020.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 28 October 2020. This website was last tested in September 2020. The test was carried out by the NetRegs team.
Sample pages from the NetRegs website were selected for testing – these pages were considered to be representative of the website and its content and functionality. Pages selected for testing included:
- Air Pollution (Environmental topic)
- Preventing air pollution (Guidance topic header)
- Causes and effects of air pollution (Guidance page)
- Agriculture (Business topic)
An accessibility audit was carried out on these pages using:
- WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (Chrome & Firefox extension available for download)
For further checking it is planned to also use
- NVDA Screen Reader (recommended by Scottish Government & Scottish Enterprise)
Website Accessibility Audit Summary
Still to be carried out in full
A copy of the full accessibility audit report will be available on request: firstname.lastname@example.org
What NetRegs is doing to improve accessibility
We will review and fix issues: including alt text and text contrast issues highlighted by the audit.
This will involve amending page templates to remove non-compliance.