If you have car parking at your site take care to:
- Prevent causing nuisance to neighbours. Consider noise, fumes and dust and lighting
- Check where surface water runoff goes. It may be polluted with oil and other fluids from vehicles. Consider using SuDS and/or an oil separator.
READ THE NETREGS GUIDANCE: NetRegs: Car parking
Low emission vehicles and driver training
If you operate vehicles you can take steps to reduce their impact on the environment.
- Choose vehicles with low emissions. Consider alternatively powered vehicles.
- Choose transport methods with the lowest impacts – can you use rail transport?
- Plan deliveries and routes to minimise time and fuel use.
- Drive efficiently
Zero Waste Scotland has produced a series of free, online training modules for SMEs. The training will help develop the skills and knowledge needed to put in place effective resource efficiency measures in your business. They deal with energy, waste and water efficiency. You can work through them at your own speed, choosing the modules that are relevant to your business.
READ THE NETREGS GUIDANCE: NetRegs: Reducing vehicle emissions
Consider developing a travel plan for staff, visitors or volunteers. This can help encourage sustainable transport options.
READ THE NETREGS GUIDANCE: NetRegs: Travel plans and green transport