NetRegs does not provide detailed guidance on planning issues. If you intend to renovate, alter, demolish or do any work on a building which might be listed then you should contact the planning department of your local council.

Find your local council

Information on listed buildings, including repair grants, is available from the following sources:

NI Department of Communities: Historic environment

 Historic Environment Scotland

You might find our guidance "First steps" guidance for startups and projects useful. This has some good practice guidance for restoring and upgrading buildings.

Return to the menu of the Land topics - biodiversity, land access, rules for hunting, pest control environmental topic